Written by a biopsychologist, this book describes and explains transsexualism and transgenderism (TSTG) from a scientific vantage point.
• Provides an unprecedented comprehensive coverage of transsexual and transgender science
• Enables readers ranging from the general public to medical professionals, experimental and clinical psychologists, and policymakers with a broad understanding of transsexualism and transgenderism (TSTG) based on available scientific knowledge
• Underscores how the conventional wisdom regarding the causes of transsexualism and transgenderism is wrong, and that the causal factors supported by scientific evidence are genetics and epigenetics
• Supplies a balanced depiction of transsexual transition as a process that has proven to generate positive results but involves some specific health risks
• Explains how the biology of TSTG people is different from non-TSTG people