This history-rich volume details the sociopolitical, economic, and artistic aspects of African kingdoms from the earliest times to the second half of the 19th century.
• Provides relevant perspective on globalization in the pre-modern era, documenting how humans across time and places have shared various components of custom ranging from food, language, and music to religion and spirituality
• Supports Common Core standards
• Includes primary documents for enhancing critical thinking and research skills
• Features cross references and suggestions for further reading
• Highlights key facts and interesting trivia through illuminating sidebars